Monday, November 27, 2006

Hey everyone! =)

I know many of you guys may be slightly put out to know that the Niibori Ensemble (Japan) concert is now compulsory to attend, even though it wasn't previously. Before anyone gets angry, please let me explain why...

The original ticket price was $40, but Mr Liauw got us a discounted price of $32. We also sought a rebate from the college so that it would be more affordable for everyone to go, at $23. But unfortch the response to the concert was still very poor. =(

When I spoke to Mr Liauw this morning, he requested that all of us attend this concert. He understands that the ticket may be a little costly, so he even offered to help pay part of the price for any of us who may have "financial problems". It may sound like he's just desperate for us to go and fill up the audience, but that's absolutely NOT true.

First of all, the Niibori Ensemble is extremely prestigious and the tickets are selling like hotcakes. Mr Liauw kindly reserved a bunch of $40 ones for us, so that we don't end up having to pay $60. Secondly, they'll be performing at the Singapore Conference Hall. Next year for SYF, WE will be using Niibori guitars and performing at the very same place!!! This exposure will be very useful to us for SYF and will definitely help us do better next year. It may seem a bit demanding, but Mr Liauw really wants us to do well next year, that's why he is requesting for all of us to go.

I decided to make this concert compulsory.... firstly because if we continued with such poor attendance, we would really be letting Mr Liauw down-- and the last thing we should be doing is disappointing our instructor who has placed so much hope on us. (Yes I know sometimes he can be quite scary 0_0.... but if he didn't have such high expectations of us, how would we ever excel as an ensemble?)

Secondly, I understand about the ticket price-- it was definitely the main thing that was deterring most of us from going. >_< Mr Liauw offered to help those with REAL family financial problems, but I believe none of us really have that... 0_0 Personally, I also feel the pain of seeing my $$$ running away from me, however, I told myself to simply forgo 3 cinema movies this holiday. 3 movies... I feel that that's seriously a very small sacrifice to make, and a very small price to pay for a chance to ensure that our ensemble does well next year... =D

So I hope everyone will understand why the concert is now compulsory and attend it with an open mind. =) SYF may seem very far away now, but it will eventually be the biggest hurdle that we'll ever have to cross, as well as the greatest achievement that we'll ever attain together as a PDP, and as a guitar ensemble... That's why we need to start working hard for it even now and I hope everyone will give 100% commitment to Guitar from now on... =)

Thank you for reading this super long entry of mine, and you may think I'm weird for blogging at 1am in the morning.... but I just felt I had to say something.. LOL! =P

LOVE, Janice











pureGUITARISTS. :)






LINKS
friendster
photobucket
shutterfly
online forum


BATCH 2007-2008
blog

BATCH 2006-2007
amelia
andy
audrey
cherylene
christine
chui laam
desmond
dimira
eileen
elaine
eugene chong
eugene lim
genevieve
hazel
hui lin
hui chan
hui xian
janice
jeffrey
jia hui
jia xian
jia xin
jin chaw
joanne
khoon hiang
mei hsin
michelle ong
nicholas
qi hui
sebastian
sherlyn
shi ning
vanessa
verena
wilson
winne
yan jun
yikka
yin teen
zelcy
zhuang shu


HISTORY
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
May 2008


TJC Guitar Club (:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com